Several positions in WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Are you interested in doing web design and/or web development work?
Join the Wi-CITS team and gain real-world experience working on client projects. Anticipated projects include web, client/server, and desktop based solutions for small business and non-profit clients. We are looking for students to fill two different types of positions
Web and Graphic Design
- Image creation, general site layout, flash and other multimedia
- Experience with PhotoShop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver and other design tools is expected
Systems & Web Development
- web, client/server, desktop systems development and database work
- Experience with one or more of the following is expected: php, java/jsp, .Net, mysql, access, and SQLserver
The center will begin working on several projects in April and May and continue operating year-round. We are looking for students who can join our team full-time 10+ hours per week and also students who may be available on a more “freelance” basis as project needs arise. Depending on skills and experience, we anticipate that pay will be approximately $10 per hour.
To apply, send an email to
with your resume as a pdf or doc/docx attachment. Include in your email answers to the following questions:
- How many hours a week are you available from now through May 15?
- Are you available for summer hours? How many hours a week?
- How many hours a week are you available for the Fall 2009 semester?
- When is your anticipated graduation date?
- Are you interested in a full-time (10+ hours per week) or freelance/project based work or both?
If you have a portfolio of previous work, feel free to include it as an attachment.
Wi-CITS is a new center on campus established to help students gain valuable real-world experience while providing valuable IT services to regional non-profits and small businesses. Students from all colleges and majors with appropriate backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information contact Dr. Paul Ambrose or Dr. John Chenoweth at